Tuesday 27 April 2010

Fit



American Beauty by Patricia Mears

...the first to examine the relationship between innovation and aesthetics as expressed by American couturiers and fashion designers from the late 1910s to the present day. The book, which accompanies a major exhibition at The Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, reveals that great design and great style were consistent elements in the work of American’s best fashion designers.



---------
Now playing: Diane Birch - Valentino

2 comments:

Hels said...

Perfect. I lectured on a subject called Social History and Women's Fashions. Although the subject is finished now, I will add this book to my post on Lucile Duff-Gordon
Thanks for the link
Hels
http://melbourneblogger.blogspot.com/2010/04/lucile-duff-gordon-couturier.html

Easy and Elegant Life said...

First I've heard of it. Thanks! Aesthetics being much on my mind of late.