Thursday 12 February 2009

Caught in time

The work of artist and writer Rosamond Purcell, who finds beauty in the natural, the obsolete, and the decayed.


Rosamond Purcell's wunderkammer



Birdwing Butterfly from Papua, New Guinea 1991
Kathleen Ewing Gallery



Egg & Nest


Page 53




Owls Head - On the Nature of Lost Things
Recounts her 20-year friendship with the eccentric collector William Buckminster, whose dilapidated antiques shop and 11-acre junkyard became something of a tourist attraction in Maine.




Bookworm


Book Run


Foucault's Pendulum
Both from the Kathleen Ewing Gallery.


----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Suzanne Vega - Book Of Dreams
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Pigtown-Design said...

WOW! I can see why you love these. That egg and nest book is gorgeous. I used to buy the little sixpack box of eggs at Waitrose because I loved the gorgeous colours. {sigh}

Layer Cake said...

I LOVE Rosamond Purcell. Her image of Peter the Great's teeth is one of my most favorite photo's EVER!

I didn't know about the Egg & Nest book either! Must go purchase! :)