Monday 13 April 2009

In the round



A large Regency giltwood convex mirror with an ebonised reeded border surrounded by moulded sides studded with gilt balls. The winged eagle surmount holding a double tassel chain in its beak and standing upon a fluted pedestal.




Victorian carved ebonised salon chair with turned and fluted supports - the raised upholstered seat and back re-covered in Lee Jofa's Althea glazed cotton.




----------------
Now playing on iTunes: New Order - Round & Round ('94)
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:

Cote de Texas said...

yes!! I love Lee Jofa's fabrics. One of my favorite houses. very pretty - all three items.

HOBAC said...

CdT - If I can manage to get this chair, I will have a pair made and do them in the Althea. So pretty. In my not so humble opinion. ;-)

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I do love Althea! A beautiful classic.

victoria thorne said...

in love. sweetly.