Saturday 6 June 2009

More ways to waste time



Love! Valour! Compassion! (1997)

The film adaptation of Terrence McNally's Tony Award winning play, with Jason Alexander (Buzz Hauser), Randy Becker (Ramon Fornos), Stephen Bogardus (Gregory Mitchell), John Glover (John and James Jeckyll), John Benjamin Hickey (Arthur Pape), Justin Kirk (Bobby Brahms) and Stephen Spinella (Perry Sellars).


Gregory -

I love my house.



Everybody does.



It was built in 1895



and still has most
of the original roof.



The wallpaper in the dining room
is original, too.



So is a lot of the woodwork.



You'd have to be a fool
to change it.



I hope you appreciate detail.



The marble fireplace
is hand-carved.



The main stairs have
a very gentle rise.



Everyone comments how easy
it is to climb them.



I like to fill it with my friends.



Over the years,
we've become more like a family.



It makes me happy to have us
all together in our home.



Mine and Bobby's.



They don't build houses
like this anymore.



The golden age
of American house building.



Not architecture, mind you,



but house building.



This house
was meant to stand.



Welcome.


Make yourself at home.








----------------
Now playing: Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
via FoxyTunes

5 comments:

columnist said...

I went to the premiere of this movie at the Sundance Film Festival, and through friends was lucky enough to be invited to the after screening cast party. Subsequently also met Terrence McNally & his partner again for dinner at the Stein Eriksen Lodge in Park City. I can highly recommend the film.

mamacita said...

You should watch the Tony Awards tonight -- straight people shouldn't be a problem there. ;-)

little augury said...

I just put this at the top of my netflix queue . isn't it a wonder that netflix has a queue! LA

HOBAC said...

M - I would, but not a huge fan of The Theatha.

Paul Pincus said...

mid-nineties memories of randy becker!