Friday 2 October 2009

Crisp autumn mornings

Naturally lead to thoughts of spring. For once I intend to get a head start, at least in the garden.



Daffodil Ice Follies
Daffodil Pheasant's Eye
Snowdrop S. Arnott
Musk hyacinth Muscari muscarimi






Camellia japonica Lavinia Maggi
Camellia hybrid Cornish Snow
Camellia japonica Charlotte de Rothschild
Camellia hiemalis Bonanza






And, a little wisdom from Dame Marjorie Maude Chardin -



----------------
Now playing: Cat Stevens - Wild World
via FoxyTunes

6 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Lovely.

katiedid said...

One of my favorite movies. I have been thinking about it recently ever since reading about the 13 year old fashionista who writes the blog "Style Rookie". She loves the movie too. I am going to show it to my daughters as soon as I can get a copy. Thanks for the clip!

Jill said...

One of my favorite movies. I must have seen it 20 times...which is strange for me. Normally once is enough.

The musk hyacinth looks beautiful. I would love to give it a whiff and see if it smells as sultry as it sounds.

Errant Aesthete said...

For months I have been holding a photograph of Ruth Gordon by Cecil Beaton in my files that included a clip from this most treasured of movies. Thank you for reminding me that I need to look into my archives more often and post these gems. I never tire of this movie or hearing Cat Stevens sing.

mamacita said...

One of the benefits of surviving a Texas summer is getting to see camellias throughout the winter.

Ms. Wis./Each Little World said...

I saw the movie in the theater the year it came out. It was instantly burned into my brain and heart. I never tire of it. But I've never found a copy of the best song in the film, "If you want to be free, be free..."