Friday 7 December 2007

Agnes Poitevin-Navarre


Filters [Louise]

My latest art obsession is the work of Agnes Poitevin-Navarre. I first came across her work at the RCA Secret 2006. Unable to get any of her pieces either this year or last, I decided to contact her. Always an idea that fills me with trepidation. Just because one is drawn to an artist's work it does not necessarily mean one will be drawn to the artist. We met at the 198 Gallery, where three of her pieces are in the current group exhibition, Blind Memories. I was bowled over. Agnes (French pronunciation) was thoroughly charming and passionate about her work, which is fascinating, thought provoking, and beautifully executed.

----------------
Now playing: Neneh Cherry - 7 Seconds
via FoxyTunes

6 comments:

Pigtown-Design said...

LOVE 7 Seconds... Saw Dido do it at the Live8 watching in Cardi!

HOBAC said...

fairfax - I don't care what anyone says I really like Dido.

Cakespy said...

I really like this! I am going to have to look into her artwork more, because I really like the look. Great find!

HOBAC said...

cakespy - hope you like her work as much as I did.

Pigtown-Design said...

I filled out her Proust questionnaire and used a friend's postcode in Kilburn. Got a nice e-mail from Agnes. She's going to be in Philly after the first of the year, so hope to meet her then.

Love Dido, too.

HOBAC said...

Fairfax - hope you can go, it is a really good show.