Thursday 10 April 2008

Stop the presses



This just in from the Feast of Fools.
The Crayola crayon company announced this week that they are re-launching their famous box of crayons line, by renaming seven colours.

OLD: laser lemon, NEW: super happy
OLD: wild tangerine, NEW: fun in the sun
OLD: screamin' green, NEW: giving tree
OLD: beaver, NEW: bear hug
OLD: turquoise blue, NEW: happy ever after
OLD: hot magenta, NEW: famous
OLD: orchid, NEW: best friends.

I find this really irritating. Pass the sick bag Alice.
I wonder what colour Bite Me would be?

----------------
Now playing: Gnarls Barkley - Whatever
via FoxyTunes

7 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

how fookin stupid!

Evil Style Queen said...

It's a bit like the phenomenon Jacoby describes in her book, isn't it? They don't DESCRIBE colours anymore, they tell us how they FEEL about them.

P.S. I wonder what the colour sick bag would be... ;-)

An Aesthete's Lament said...

At first I thought this was a delayed April Fool's jest. But now I see it must be in deadly earnest. How very sick-making.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

bite me= acid green
this is ridiculous - marketing gimicks

An Aesthete's Lament said...

Yes, acid green would indeed be perfect for Bite Me.

katiedid said...

We'll have a whole generation growing up and buying cars that are "super happy"....flowers that are their "best friends"...."famous" dresses....

This all just make me "happy ever after".

Easy and Elegant Life said...

I'm saving the wrappers from my kids' crayons now. How am I supposed to teach them? Better yet, can you imagine our future 1st responders? "Cut the Clown Nose" wire first.....Clown nose!!! Not Tropical Sunset!!!! Clown No...."