Friday 6 June 2008

How can one possibly measure love?


AN ANTIQUE SAPPHIRE AND DIAMOND BROOCH
The central oval-shaped sapphire weighing 28.68 carats to the old-cut diamond twin-line cluster surround, mounted in silver and gold, circa 1880.


AN ART DECO FIVE-ROW NATURAL PEARL NECKLACE
Comprising 116, 116, 119, 121 and 119 graduated pearls to the diamond openwork clasp with rectangular-shaped emerald centre, circa 1930, 39.5 cm long, in fitted green leather case.


AN IMPORTANT EMERALD AND DIAMOND RING, BY HARRY WINSTON
The square-shaped emerald weighing 14.04 carats to the tapered baguette-cut diamond shoulders and plain hoop, carat weight engraved on hoop. Signed Winston, and with maker's mark for Jacques Timey.

Like this of course.

All from Jewells:The London Sale at Christie's

----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Sarah Vaughan - Whatever Lola Wants
via FoxyTunes

5 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

I wouldn't say no to any of these!

Unknown said...

love your blog. great post.

Lisa & Alfie said...

Sigh. My birthstone is emerald. Nice fantasy.
Lisa & Alfie

J said...

I don't know what it is, but seeing fabulous jewelry like this makes me feel like I did when I was unmarried and dating; excited, breathless anticipation. I wish I was spectacular enough to wear such pieces. Since I'm not, I don't have to worry about financing the purchase.

cotedetexas said...

Sigh.....I'll take the emerald, thank you very much.