Wednesday 11 March 2009

More ways to waste time


Tales of the City, More Tales of the City, and Further Tales of the City.

Brian may be wasted, but he makes perfect sense.



1960s Mai Tai menu.

A la Frannie Halcyon, mix with a picher of Mai Tais and add best friend.

Trader Vic's Original Mai Tai recipe -
2 ounces of 17-year old J. Wray & Nephew Rum over shaved ice.
Add juice from one fresh lime.
1/2 ounce Holland DeKuyper Orange Curacao.
1/4 ounce Trader Vic's Rock Candy Syrup.
1/2 ounce French Garier Orgeat Syrup
Shake vigorously.
Add a sprig of fresh mint


My version -
Large pitcher
Ice
Equal parts light and dark rum (both Old Oak)
Lime juice
Orange juice (Tropicana smooth)
Pineapple juice
Splash of grenadine


----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Patti LaBelle - Lady Marmalade
via FoxyTunes)

3 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

As I am not heading to the beach, maybe this is just what I need - a pitcher of mai tai's with a friend. I watched Talk of the Town last night - have you seen it? That charming house. I should be living on a 1940's country house set. All that chintz....

HOBAC said...

Mrs B - I prefer whiskey sours with my chintz.) I think we all just need a big ol' party.

maison21 said...

so sad they shuttered the origanl trader vic's. a couple o' mai-tai's and a pu-pu platter in fauxleynesian splendor, was always a good time.