Saturday 6 September 2008

Rare as hen's teeth





The Egg sofa was designed by Arne Jacobsen for the SAS Royal Hotel in Copenhagen. Available now only by special order. The standards of production and sourcing of leather (here a huge, flawless hide is required) are of the highest quality. The sofa, like the Egg and Swan chair, is hand stitched along the sides so only a very limited number can be produced. The Egg sofa is also available in fabric.


----------------
Now playing: Louis Armstrong - I Want A Big Butter And Egg Man
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Visual Vamp said...

Amazing - know the chair, but now I know the sofa. Thanks for the introduction.

Hill Country House Girl said...

Wonderful. My neighbors have a black egg chair that I love to sit in, but I have never seen the sofa. Thank you!