Thursday 17 January 2008

With only...

two months to live I would not be wasting my days looking at anything less than these...unless of course I could spend those last two moths at Versailles. In the Hall of Mirrors to be precise. There one would have all the chandeliers one could possibly want. After all, there is no point in dreaming small when facing... Hell, there is no point in dreaming small. Ever.


Barovier e Toso Murano Chandelier, Italy 1960s.
Monumental Barovier e Toso Murano chandelier from the 60s. Consisting of a metal frame with four lights and 27 hand-blown pieces forming the sphere.


Barovier e Toso "Feathers" Chandelier Italy 1960s.
Huge 1960s Barovier e Toso Murano chandelier with 126 hand-blown glass feathers.
Both from Adesso.



Large Venini Polyhedral Glass Chandelier in Champagne, Italian 1960s.
Craig van den Brulle

----------------
Now playing: Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
via FoxyTunes

5 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Well, glad to know that this is referring to another post, and that you do in fact have more than two months to live (thank goodness!). These are gorgeous chandeliers- I could be quite happy with them.

An Aesthete's Lament said...

I am so crazy about these chandeliers. I have seen so many in dusty shops and longed to own one. Luckily, they are an acquired taste, I think, so perhaps one day I shall find one that fits my budget! For some reason, I want to hang the huge Barovier e Toso one shown in a kitchen.

HOBAC said...

PoC - I'm touched!

HOBAC said...

AL - well, it is the perfect shape and proportion for a centre island.

Mrs. Blandings said...

These made my day. Many thanks.