Tuesday 6 November 2007

All The Fine Young Cannibals

This movie is a must see. Loosely based on the life of Chet Baker. From dirt poor to idle rich. It has just absolutely everything. Great sets and costumes. An hysterical performance by Susan Kohner of Sarah Jane fame from Imitation of Life. And if that wasn't enough, Miss Pearl Bailey as the terminally ill Ruby Jones sings her heart out.

Salome - "Why are you laughing?"

Chad - "It is less painful that way"

Just fabulous.



Look for All The Fine Young Cannibals on TCM.

----------------

Now playing: Fine Young Cannibals - Ever Fallen in Love?

via FoxyTunes

6 comments:

ArchitectDesign™ said...

oh damn - blockbuster online doesn't carry it! And now my interest is peaked!! I'll have to keep looking!

HOBAC said...

Criminal I know - but I don't think it is on dvd.

franki durbin said...

okay, now I must see it. I'll have to put NetFlix to work for me ;)

HOBAC said...

fd - I hope you can find it. For an hour my world stood still. Fab.

Cote de Texas said...

Imitation of Life: ok, being from the south, we had "maids" or housekeepers as they are called now = these were black women who raised us, loved us, and mothered us sometimes much better than our own mothers. My sister and I would watch Imitation of Life with our maid and all of us would just cry and cry and cry. great memories!

HOBAC said...

Miss Joni - you have to see this! Susan Kohner is fab in this. I love how you summed up the dynamic. people who have not experienced this never understand. The two ladies who helped raise me still both work for my mother. I believe they would be lost without each other.